Crash & Burn by Lisa Gardner

Crash & Burn - Lisa Gardner

I received a free copy of Crash & Burn from the publisher in return for an honest review.

It took me a while to get into this one, the story just wasn't grabbing my attention during the first 35%. The book did pick up pace after that point but it wasn't what I would rate as a great read.

I enjoyed the mystery of the character of Nicky Frank and it was purely wanting to know what her story was that kept me reading. The mystery was a difficult one to work out and there was a lot happening in the book, I feel perhaps at times a little too much. There was a lot of information, twists and turns and I found it hard at times to keep track of everything. It felt like I was being bombarded and that I should have been keeping notes instead of just enjoying the book.

The ending felt rushed. There was a lot that had to come together and as a result it didn't reach the kind of conclusion I was hoping for. It rounds the story off ok but it doesn't really make it all make sense as much as I would have liked it to.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web