74% done with Eight Deadly Kisses: A Dark Chapter Press Anthology

Eight Deadly Kisses: A Dark Chapter Press Anthology - Erica Chin, Audrey E.L. Coots, C.A. Viruet, Alice J. Black, Sharon L Higa, Fiona Dodwell, D.A. Chaney, David Basnett, Veronica Smith, Jack Rollins

Dark Chapter Press and the writers gathered in this anthology have committed to supporting CAMFED, a charity providing education for girls and young women in Africa, to build brighter futures and to encourage the development of female leaders. All money received by Dark Chapter Press from sales of Eight Deadly Kisses will be donated to CAMFED.

You can find out more about the CAMFED campaign at the following links: Dark Chapter Press to Support CAMFED and Our new charity anthology is now unleashed on Kindle

Evil does not consider, or discriminate, it simply selects its target, stalks, and strikes. Evil is a concept in which the sexes are equal. We’re all fair game.

Eight Deadly Kisses: A Dark Chapter Press Anthology

I'll update as I read each story and give a little detail about my opinion of each below.

1 - Night Terrors by Audrey E. L. Coots - 4 stars

That was a great start to the collection. A very well written creepy little tale. If they are all this good this is going to be a great collection of stories.

2 - Soul Seekers by Alice J. Black - 4 stars

That was certainly one kickass female! Me likey. Two really good stories in a row, this bodes well.

3 - The Dead Season by Fiona Dodwell - 2 stars

This is a decent and original little story but I found the dialogue to be repetitive in parts.

4 - Marion by Erica Chin3 stars

I was really enjoying this one until the ending, I'm not a fan of how it ends. I can't imagine that the outcome, if I am understanding correctly who the voice is, is one that the voice would have wanted for the boy.

5 - Commuting by Veronica Smith - 3 stars

I was not expecting that! However it felt like a rather abrupt and random way to finish.

6 - The Black Cat by Sharon Higa - 2 stars

While this was an OK story, the way the parents interacted with the MC like she was a young child rather than a 14 year old girl didn't match with how strong and mature she instantly became afterwards. You don't sit a 14 year old on your hip like they're a young child or carry them to bed, change them into their night clothes and tuck them in like a baby.

7 - Late Lunch by C.A. Viruet - 2.5 stars

Well that was weird but I'm left thinking why? What was the actual reasoning behind it? The writing was a bit choppy and there was repetitive use of words in places but it was original and rather bizarre.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web