Review: Woman In White by Kristin Dearborn

Woman In White - Kristin Dearborn

I received a free copy of Woman In White from Erin at Oh, for the Hook of a Book in return for an honest review and as part of the Hook of a Book Woman in White blog tour of which my blog Scarlet's Web is taking part.

I really enjoyed the cold, harsh and stormy atmosphere of the Woman in White. The author has done a wonderful job. The descriptions of the scenery, the snowstorm and the environment really made this one stand out and resulted in an amazingly chilly backdrop that gave me the chills and had me reaching for my reading blanket.

I usually find character development to be somewhat lacking in many novellas but the balance here was just right. There was quite a few characters and they were all well rounded and interesting, each had just enough of a backstory to make them feel real and stand out as an individual. The pacing was consistent, the writing flowed well and the storyline had me engrossed from start to finish.

Woman in White has just the right mix of mystery, suspense, horror and gruesome scenes to appeal to all horror fans. I thoroughly enjoyed it would definitely recommend giving it a read.

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web