Review: Children of the Dark by Jonathan Janz

Children of the Dark - Jonathan Janz

I received a free copy of Children of the Dark in return for an honest review.

Children of the Dark is the prequel to Savage Species which I haven't yet read but, after reading Children of the Dark, it's one I will make a point of reading!

I'm generally not a fan of books that are set around a group of younger characters. I tend to get annoyed with them or find them overly childish in regards to their choices etc, that was certainly not the case here. The characterisation was excellent and really made this one stand out for me. You can't help but become invested in the characters, rooting for some and at the same time eager to see others get their just desserts.

The plot isn't predictable at all, it kept me guessing throughout and although I found the pacing slow to begin with it quickly picked up and kept me on the edge of my seat. The dialogue was natural, adding even more depth to already well fleshed out characters.

Children of the Dark is a must read for horror fans. With real people in horrific situations and a plot full of tension, scares and monsters galore, it draws you in, makes you part of the story and takes you on one heck of a ride.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend giving it a read!

Reviews also posted to my blog: Scarlet's Web