2016 Top Reads, Honourable Mentions, and Looking Ahead to 2017

For some reason, I feel like I didn't have a great reading year this year. I didn't read as much as I would have liked to have read and the majority of my reading time in 2016 was spent reading books send to me by publishers, authors, or via Netgalley. I have so many books I want to get to that have been getting neglected due to other reading obligations. So, I am planning on changing my reading habits for the year ahead.

I plan in 2017 to read more of the physical books that I have on my shelves. I will still be reading books I receive for review, but I will be more strict with what I accept for review, and more strict with myself to make sure I make a point of reading my own books alongside them. I do try to accept books for review that I know I will enjoy, but I seem to have been a bit less successful on that front in 2016. At one point during the year, I felt myself getting into a bit of a reading slump and I realised that I wasn't enjoying reading as much as I usually do. It had started to feel more like a chore rather than my favourite pastime. I want to make sure I avoid that in 2017, so fingers crossed I will have a more successful year ahead.

Now that my blethering is done, let's get to my top reads...Click here to go to full post