I would like to thank Faber and Faber for providing me with an advanced reading copy of this book.
There's not a lot I can say about this one. It is what it says it is; a book full of weird, funny and interesting facts that will have you either chuckling, WTF'ing, or scratching your head.
Here are a few examples:
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar was originally called A Week with Willie Worm.
- In China, it's illegal to reincarnate without filling in a government Reincarnation Application form.
- Men who watch a lot of porn have smaller than average brains.
- In the 18th century, chickens were known as "cacklers" and eggs were "cackling farts".
- "The Copper-Penis Owl" is the monster used in Hungary to scare children into behaving.
I now find myself throwing out random useless facts during conversations, lol. As an added bonus, my point score has gone up when watching QI on tv!