The House on Poultney Road : a true ghost story

The House on Poultney Road : a true ghost story - Stephanie Boddy I received this book from the author for an honest review.

The House on Poultney Road is an entertaining and at times creepy tale based on a true story. We are introduced to several generations of one family all residing inside The House on Poultney Road and their personal accounts of what they experienced living there.

I read this book late at night in the dark while my family was asleep and I found myself on more than a few occasions checking round the room in the dark corners just to make sure there was nothing there, this to me is what makes a ghost story and it certainly had the desired effect. However I found myself rereading a couple of parts as they didn't seem to flow or be worded right for me and I feel like the whole story just skimmed the surface and it could have been longer and more in depth. That aside I am keen to read the sequel as this book was a fun and at times hair raising read and leaves many unanswered questions that I'm hoping will be answered in the next one.