Tag You're It!

I was tagged by Kitty Horror, thanks Kitty :)

1. What was the last book you marked as 'Read'?

Last book marked, that would be Daughter by: Jane Shemilt

2. What are you 'Currently Reading'?

MILK-BLOOD By Mark Matthews - pretty intense urban horror

Inspector Hobbes and the Curse by Wilkie Martin - Full of groan and chuckle worthy puns

Terror Train by Henry Keene - An anthology of horror stories and poems set around the theme of trains

3. What was the last book you marked as 'To-Read'?

MARY: The Summoning (Bloody Mary, #1) by Hillary Monahan - The idea of Bloody Mary scared the crap out of me as a kid.

4. What book do you plan to read next?

Naomi's Room by Jonathan Aycliffe -  I have been trying to get to it for a while now but my to review list was backed up!

5. Do you use the star rating system?

Yes, though I wished all the platforms I used had half stars.

6. Are you doing a 2014 reading challenge?

I set my challenge to 60 and have currently read 53, I might increase it.

7. Do you have a wishlist?

My to read list is basically my wish list

8.What book do you want to buy next?

I'm really looking forwards to Kyle M. Scott's debut novel Devil's Day which is due soon, his novella Consumed: Volume 1 is one of my favourites reads of 2014.

9. Do you have any favorite quotes?

“Now it is a strange thing, but things that are good to have and days that are good to spend are soon told about, and not much to listen to; while things that are uncomfortable, palpitating, and even gruesome, may make a good tale, and take a deal of telling anyway.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

“Shit,” he said as if she were being funny. “I’m not going near that door. Looks like the devil farted pure hell out there.”
― A.R. Wise, 314

“When I was your age, television was called books.”
― William Goldman, The Princess Bride

10. Who are your favorite authors?

Graham Masterton

Iain Rob Wright

Stephen King

Matt Shaw

Clive Barker

I read a ton of indie books so I have to mention..

Kyle M. Scott
Stuart Keane
Jason Parent

11. Have you joined any groups?

The groups I enjoy are on Goodreads as I haven't found any that are really active on BookLikes. The two mains ones I am active in are:

Stuart Keane - Horror & Suspense Author

Horror Aficionados

12. Are there any questions you'd like to add to this tag?

Yes see #15

13. What are 5 of your favorite books?

Just 5?!!

The Hobbit J.R.R. Tolkein - This was the book that made me fall in love with reading.

Mirror by Graham Masterton - This book totally freaked me out at the time of reading it as I have wall to wall, floor to ceiling mirrors in my bedroom. I read it in bed in the dark and had the choice of facing the mirrors and having my back to the dark room or Vice versa.

Fluke by James Herbert - My mum gave me this one to read as my first introduction to horror.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter #1) by J.K. Rowling - Putting this in my top 5 purely because of the fond memories of having to buy two of every book in the series so that my daughter, who was 7 at the time, and I could read them together. I'll never forget the excitement on her face everytime a new Harry Potter was published.

The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children, #1) by Jean M. Auel - The Earth's Childrens series was the last series of books I read with my mum before she passed away from cancer, so this series has a special place in my heart.

14. What's your favorite genre?

Dark Fiction, Fantasy, Ghost Stories, Horror, Paranormal, Suspense and Thriller. I will read pretty much anything if it takes my fancy at the time, but I definately prefer something that's dark, scary and has me checking the corners of the room or cringing while reading.

15. Everyone has "that" book, the one that made them fall in love with reading, what was yours?

Mine was The Hobbit, I devoured that book when I was 7 and have had a book close to hand ever since.

I'm tagging:

I think pretty much everyone has been tagged that I have on my list. I did a quick check and don't see the ones below, if you have posted already I must have missed it while checking, sorry :)

Beauty in Ruins